Who we are
The TDB is an independent body that runs the complaints and disciplinary scheme for the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
- Operates a fair system acting in the public interest
- Supports and maintains the high professional standards of the CIOT and ATT
- Handles complaints quickly, impartially and effectively
- Operates economically
- Has procedures and policies which are open and easy to understand
- Has published simple guidance for complainants and members, which may be downloaded from this web site.
- The Taxation Disciplinary Board is holding a public CONSULTATION exercise on our Sanctions Policy and would very much welcome your views. See “Consultation on Sanctions Policy” in the Publications section of this website.
Guidance notes for members of the public and anyone considering making a complaint, and how to make a complaint, about a CIOT or ATT member, and for members about whom a complaint is made. Guidance for TDB panel members about the operation of the disciplinary rules, tribunals and processes.