Updated Sanctions Guidance published
with The Taxation Disciplinary Board (TDB) annually reviews the Indicative Sanctions Guidance (ISG) which sets out the range of sanctions that are available to Disciplinary Tribunals with indications of how these may be applied to various situations. The latest version of that Guidance is now available and can be found here
Who we are
The TDB is an independent body that runs the complaints and disciplinary scheme for the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
- Operates a fair system acting in the public interest
- Supports and maintains the high professional standards of the CIOT and ATT
- Handles complaints quickly, impartially and effectively
- Operates economically
- Has procedures and policies which are open and easy to understand
- Has published simple guidance for complainants and members, which may be downloaded from this web site.
Guidance notes for members of the public and anyone considering making a complaint, and how to make a complaint, about a CIOT or ATT member, and for members about whom a complaint is made. Guidance for TDB panel members about the operation of the disciplinary rules, tribunals and processes.