Welcome to The Taxation Disciplinary Board
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
We continue to closely monitor advice from the Government and Public Health England regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
In line with that guidance our office is closed until further notice.
Our staff will be continuing to work remotely in order to maintain as normal a service as possible however response times may be longer than usual.
Until further notice any public facing activities, Disciplinary Tribunals and Investigation Committee meetings will be delivered virtually.
Please help us to help you, by contacting us by email as we have a limited telephone capacity.
Thank you for your understanding and support and should the situation change this page will be updated.
Updated Sanctions Guidance published
The Taxation Disciplinary Board (TDB) published substantially revised Indicative Sanctions Guidance (ISG) in December 2020. The document sets out the range of sanctions that are available to Disciplinary Tribunals with indications of how these may be applied to various situations.
The TDB is committed to reviewing the ISG annually and publishing revised versions as needed. Following a review in late 2021, which drew on the experience in using the new ISG since its introduction together with input from stakeholders, a revised version of the ISG was published in January 2022 and is effective from that date. The document may be found here.
Who we are
The TDB is an independent body that runs the complaints and disciplinary scheme for the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
- Operates a fair system acting in the public interest
- Supports and maintains the high professional standards of the CIOT and ATT
- Handles complaints quickly, impartially and effectively
- Operates economically
- Has procedures and policies which are open and easy to understand
- Has published simple guidance for complainants and members, which may be downloaded from this web site.
- The Taxation Disciplinary Board is holding a public CONSULTATION exercise on our Sanctions Policy and would very much welcome your views. See “Consultation on Sanctions Policy” in the Publications section of this website.
Guidance notes for members of the public and anyone considering making a complaint, and how to make a complaint, about a CIOT or ATT member, and for members about whom a complaint is made. Guidance for TDB panel members about the operation of the disciplinary rules, tribunals and processes.